Why Teach?

 Hi, my name's Megan Wolfe and I'm from New Braunfels, Texas. I've always had a passion for teaching, especially for young children. I loved school growing up, and I think it's because of the teachers I had each year. Seeing how those teachers impacted me makes me want to do the same and give back to the community. My senior year of high school was when I knew I wanted to commit to teaching because of my English teacher Mr. Brackeen. Not only was he a teacher, but someone I could always count on to listen to me and act as a life mentor. No matter the time of day he would always make me feel welcomed and made a safe place for me. He taught me that being a teacher is more than just giving academic lessons and that it's important to connect with your students. I also have many family members that have started their teaching career and have shared their experiences with me.

I would really enjoy teaching kindergarten or first grade. My senior year I did an internship at a local preschool teaching and observing throughout the year. teaching and being apart of littles lives is such an experience, watching them grow physically and academically. its heartwarming to know that besides parenting, you are these kids number one mentor and teacher for their future and you can make such a big impact on them. My heart for kids is so big and I would love to have them apart of my everyday life.


                                            this is a picture of one of my students JJ and I!!!

Comments