Golden lines

 My golden line: Students are complete individuals, not factual experts. 

I feel this line stands out to me so much because my whole life in school up until my senior year I felt that teachers have been so caught up on just teaching material and then the bell rings. There is so much a student needs than just being taught academics. I feel like there are so many kids who just cannot learn in an environment that they don't want to be in. An environment that is welcoming to all and a safe place, deeper connections made rather than a teacher basing you off if you pass/fail. Students have at home lives just like teachers and it can be hard to balance school. As a result every student has a different learning style, which is important for the teacher to know. Some students may have a hard time learning the subject because it is taught a style that they cannot learn from as easier as others, not because they are dumb or do not try. This issue needs to be brought up more around every schooling system in my opinion, to have multiple ways the material is displayed. We can talk about this in schools by surveying students on which learning style works best for them. Finally my senior year, I had a teacher that was so involved in each of his students' lives and it made everyone want to be there and learn. He understood each person in the room had different lives and he accommodated our personal and academic needs.


Comments