Greatest impact as an educator

 The greatest impact on me as an educator!

Transitioning from high school to college has been a drastic change. Everything is different, the assignments, the teachers, the workload, and the people. I can say however I have never learned so much information so quickly in my life. Every teacher and course I have taken have all been so diverse in style, which I have learned about in this course. This class has taught me so much about how to interact with students and become a well rounded teacher. Teachers have the main impact on students of every grade and age and I haven't always had the best teachers but the biggest impact on me as an educator was my English teacher my senior year of highschool. As I have talked about him before, he has been the most understanding and welcoming teacher I have ever had. The one singular mentor that has made me want to become a teacher. Everyday he would check up on every student and see what has been happening in our lives, he was more than just an academic teacher, he would help with mental health and our at home lives. When I would be having a hard day at school I  knew that his door would be open anytime for me to come in and let everything out. His classroom was a safe space for everyone. This made it easy to want to come in his class everyday and ready to learn, as he would teach the material in multiple styles, that way everyone could obtain the information and understand. If it wasn't for Mr. Brackeen, I would not have majored in education. I am so excited to one day be able to make my classroom for my students a safe space and make them comfortable while learning. Thank you Mr. Brack!


Comments

  1. hi Megan! I love that your greatest impact was your teacher! I think that having a teacher like that is so helpful in those years of life especially when you might not have that at home. I love that you want to be like that to your future students!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment